2018-2019 ALC/SAC- East/West
Standardized Dress Code
[Download Dress Code]
Rational: To maintain focus on the Cy-Fair District goals and objectives:
- to increase academic achievement thus reducing the achievement gap.
- to provide a safer learning environment.
- to develop increased decision making and problem-solving skills.
- to develop increased self-esteem.
(High School - Solid White)
(Middle School– Solid Navy Blue)
- Shirts must be collared, polo-type or button down, without decoration (i.e. emblems, logos, accent colors, etc.).
- All shirt pockets must be sewn shut.
- Undergarments must not be transparent through the uniform shirt.
- Only one solid white, grey, black or beige undershirt/camisole may be worn under the required shirt. Logos, designs, and/or writing must not be transparent through the uniform shirt.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times. Shirts must fit properly, not be oversized, tight and/or revealing.
(High School - Solid Navy Blue)
(Middle School– Solid Gray)
- The only outerwear permitted in the classroom is a sweatshirt.
- Sweatshirts must not have pockets, hoods, zippers, buttons, logos, etc.
- Sweatshirts must be worn over the required shirt with collar visible.
Khaki Pants (Long pants, Capris and Walking Shorts)
- Pants must be business casual in style (i.e. Original Dockers or Dickie style). No denim or jean style pant.
- Pants must fit properly, be worn at the waist (not below), and may not be tight, revealing, sagging or baggy.
- All pants pockets must be able to be pulled inside out. Additional pockets from the standard four (two front and two back) must be sewn shut.
- Pants must be hemmed.
- No additional clothing may be worn under the required pants (NO basketball shorts, tights, pajama pants, long johns, leggings, etc.)
Black or Brown Belts
- A belt must be worn at all times, must be appropriately sized and must pass through all belt loops.
- Belts must be solid black/brown, free of brads and decorative buckles (no symbols, letters, numbers, etc.).
Tennis Shoes (with Laces)
Accessories and Grooming
- Purses, wallets, make-up bags, book bags, and backpacks are not allowed on campus.
- Students may not wear or bring to school, sunglasses, cosmetic contacts, lanyards, gloves, or headgear.
- Jewelry is not permitted.
- Makeup, perfume, Chapstick/lip balm, etc., cannot be brought to school.
- Students’ hair must be non-distracting and kept out of the face. Shaved parts and/or designs must be school appropriate.
- No ornamental hair accessories (i.e. hair bows, scarves, ribbons, barrettes, extensions with metal, etc.)
- Eyebrows must be free of shaved lines/designs. If needed, use an eye pencil to color/fill in.
- Tattoos must be covered with clothing or neutral colored band-aids.
All other rules and regulations as defined by the CFISD Dress/Grooming Guidelines apply.
Economic Assistance: Students, who are economically disadvantaged and unable to comply with the dress requirements because of an economic hardship, may qualify for clothing assistance. Please contact an administrator for additional information.
Exemption Requests: Parents may request an exemption to the dress guidelines for a bona fide religious or philosophical reason. The objection must be submitted in writing to the principal for consideration.